Monday, March 1, 2010

Cloth Diapers....have you lost your mind?

So I thought to myself....hmm what should a girl do who works full time, pretty much has all the household jobs and is going to have two kids in diapers do? Try cloth diapers! Ok. Well not really. But I did think to myself...hmm I'm going to have two kids in daycare and diapers. Spendy! So I thought for the next four months I'm to challenge myself to try cloth diapers. I wouldn't even think of doing this...but when we bought our washer/dryer we made a big investment and bought one of these front loading ones that can wash/dry a load in an hour. So more laundry isn't really a big deal...timewise. I haven't got it all figured out yet. And I do know that I will continue to buy diapers for daycare, on the go (maybe: I'm not sure I want to haul around poopy ones!) and vacations (if I ever get one again). Hopefully using some cloth diapers even out the cost and maybe I'll just love them so much I'll use them all the time....we shall see.

2 comments:

Grandma Jennie said...

Baby will probably like the cloth feel, but they are a commitment. It takes a lot more work, it does save a bit of money:) I would still try the target... You can just put a sticker, like a star in the bottom of his potty:) Love you Mommy, you are a good one:) GG

Unknown said...

Good luck - let me know how it goes. I am sticking with the toss-able variety since I don't have the fancy washing machine and can't be running up and down to the basement all day doing laundry :-(