Happy Fourth! Things are pretty quiet around here. Glenn is having a busy day at the golf course since the weather decided to be below 80 everyone will be hitting the links and not the lakes. I went to the doctor yesterday and nothing really exciting just have to report back next week to see if anything has changed.
We had a pretty exciting night last night. We went over to our friends Kari and Jeremy's and had a barbecue with as many dogs as we had people. Spike had fun playing with his friends Ernie (Craig, Sarah and baby Copper's Jack Russell Mix) and Bailey (Cocker Sp.) plus two stray dogs from their neighborhood decided to join in the fun. Bailey is Kari and Jeremy's dog and her house is surrounded in POISON IVY and DEER TICKS. My most favorite things in the world. We decontaminated ourselves with dish soap when we got home last night but with five dogs running through that stuff and running into you....I really hope I don't break out. Spike got decontaminated much to his disliking at 6:30 this morning when he decided he wanted out of his crate. Now I have to wash everything towels, sheets, clothes and dog beds to make sure we got rid of it all. I think Spike may even get a new collar out of this. It is a bummer to have to be so allergic to this stuff. But hopefully being over careful with prevent me from getting poison ivy because I really don't think the doctor would give me the good medicine that actually works at this point.
Later we are going to watch the fireworks in Brainerd. We've only watched them at Madden's the past three summers so this will be a change and much more crowded. They light them off at the high school and I can't remember but about 30,000 or more come to watch them.
I believe it with how bad the traffic was around here yesterday. This is a weird town. It's a ghost town all winter and then come the day before a summer holiday forget going anywhere that would normally take you 15 mins in less than an hour. The north bound traffic was horrible. Plus when I went to the grocery the store clerk was waiting for my credit card to go through and this older lady from "the cities" (obviously because she was in such a rush) comes flying up behind with her cart starts throwing her items on the belt and says to the clerk, "ok, are we done here?" and the clerk looks at her (as most people from brainerd would) with a very annoyed look and said "no, we are waiting for the credit card to process as you can see it's very busy here today." I couldn't help but laugh. After all that was about the most crowded I've ever seen Cub Foods and I watched one guy as he made his rounds through the aisles RAM his cart literally into seven different people's carts, including an old lady. These cit-idots as I have often heard them called really have one mission in life get to their cabin on the lake as quickly as possible and you better not be standing in their way. Good thing we all don't live like that.
2 comments:
I hope I am never a cit'iot, I never want to be in that big of a hurry. It was good talking to you yesterday, hope all goes well with the delivery of our newest Great Grandbaby, we will pray daily for that to happen. God gives the very desires of our heart, over and over again!!!!!! PTL!
P.P.S. Your pictures are awesome
Post a Comment