Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weathering the Storms

Welcome to Minnesota....


Home of
Man Eatting Misquitos
Blood Sucking Ticks
and Lately Tree Smashing Storms.

Last night we had some pretty scary weather. Glenn and I had planned to play golf but when I got over to the golf course the weather had other plans....


It had been such a nice day. I got up early and went strawberry picking with Kathy my adoptive mother from work. It was even nice and cool, after picking a few pails I came home mowed the lawn and started making freezer jam. And that is when the trouble began. It got really warm and really humid. We reached 90 for the first time this summer. The storms blew though at 6:30 last night. We had decided after looking at the radar at the golf course that we should just head home. I wish we would have video taped the winds. We had 80 mph stright lines, AGAIN. We are very fortunate that we only lost one small tree. I haven't left the house yet this morning but I am courous to see what damage was done around the lake in our neighborhood. After the storm we took Spike for a walk to try to see the damage but there was a police baricade blocking the road off. There were a number of emergency vechiles and firetrucks that came flying past our house during the storm. Most of the houses in our neighborhood are located on Round Lake and when the wind comes across the lake trees start snapping. Last August our neighborhood had some major damage after a similar storm.
We also lost of power for a few hours so we used our portable grill to cook up some dinner and decided we better eat the fudge bars (well Glenn decided and I joined in after he had three) in the freezer so they wouldn't make a mess.


Other then an exciting storm it has been a pretty easy week. I worked this week and next week will be my last week of work as long as the baby decides to stay where it's at. I was kinda wondering last night after all the craziness and huge change in the weather if it would decide it wanted out. I guess not.

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

Dear Baby Hagberg, we are so glad to hear from your Mommy. Wowser! that was some storm. I bet it even scared you. We can hardly wait to see you and hold you. I would have held you tight in a storm like that. Today I will finish getting the guess's from the cousins, Aunts, Uncles of who, what, when, how long, boy, girl, stuff like that. Then, I will send them up to Mommy to look them over. Love you very much, and pray for a safe delivery for you. Great Grabma P.S. flowers are beautiful