Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bonfires and Babies






Around here we look forward to fall. Things start to slow down, we have more time to spend with friends, and sometimes just to relax around a bonfire. There is something about the warmth, smoke and smell that is just relaxing and fun. It's almost like going camping but without all the hard work. Last night Glenn decided to teach Jack a man thing. How to burn things. And also how to chop down a tree.....which I should have video taped because it was funny to see a grown man acting like a ten year old. Give a boy an axe and he'll make a fire.

Jack also had a visit yesterday from his Great Grandma Joyce. So now he has met all his Grandparents.

School starts in five days so he also went and met his daycare ladies. We found out that he is going to continue to be spoiled. He is the youngest one at daycare and his classroom has three girls in it. He is going to have fun. Monday morning is back to work and school. I had a good laugh, because the daycare gave us a list of things Jack has to be able to do to move up to the next class room and one of the things was sit in a chair without falling off a reasonable number of times.

So for today we are enjoying a day off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the ipod to drown out any crying? If so I will need to suggest that to Steve the next time I leave him home alone with Abby, which did not go well last night.

Enjoy your last few days of freedom!

Grandma Jennie said...

What a Great bunch of pictures, he is growing so fast!! I bet he will have a GREAT time at Day Care with all those little girls. I am so glad you found such a good day care for him. I love the picture of Daddy kisses!! Get your rest for work, honey, you are doing such a good job a being mommy!! Love and Hugs GG