
We were only completely shocked when the Doctor said "It's a girl!" Little Emma Rae Hagberg finally made her debut July 1, 2010. She was 7 lbs 10 ozs, 19 1/2 inches.
She has been a great little sister to big brother Jack. He adores her. He spends a lot of his time delegating who can "hold the baby" most he delegates himself. He has done a few brotherly things like stealing her nah-knee "pacifiers", crawling into her bassinet with her, and driving a monster truck on her head. But over all he is doing a great job at being gentle to his new Sissy.
Emma is a great baby. I can not believe how well rested I have felt the last week. She sleeps at least one four hour stretch each night. Well...right now she mostly sleeps. I have to wake her up during the day to get her to eat. Otherwise she is pretty content. She doesn't like cold wet wipes and loves to be swaddled up nice and tight. She is Jack's opposite for sure. Hopefully in the next few weeks she will become more and more alert each day so that we can get pictures in all of her cute little outfits before she outgrows them.
Jack seems to have grown two months worth in the last week. I swear he's even put on weight...but that could be all the "chocolate rabbit" aka milk he's being chugging down since Grandpa and Grandma were here. His vocabulary has also improved. He didn't have to say much because Momma had all his little words figured out but must be that he had to talk when different people where watching him and now that he's got it down there is no sense in stopping. At least he is using his pleases and thank yous so that makes Momma proud. He has also been a good helper around the house. This afternoon we are going to Kathy's house to see the cows and flowers and spend some time enjoying the beautiful summer weather. It should be lots of fun.
1 comment:
Melissa, you are a wonderful Mommy!! What a joy it is for Great Grandma to read your wonderful stories!! I love that you had a little girl, I bet Glenn is still stunned that it happened. With no little baby girls in his life, I bet his Mommy is even happier!! What a blessing she will be in this wonderful family!! God Bless you and Glenn and your wonderful family:) GGJ
Post a Comment