Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's the Final Count Down.........

In less than a month we will have two kiddies. I find myself wondering what we're we thinking. Or more likely what I was I thinking. Two of them...in the summer when Glenn hasn't taken a day off in over a month and a half? Ahhhhhh.....
I feel the need for a vacation already :)

Oh well...I will survive. I may not sleep for the next few months but some how we will get through. We have to do part-time at daycare to keep our spots for the fall so at least two days a week I can send Jack to play with his big kid friends. Which will be good for him and good for Momma! And I think we just may have to recruit Hannah for a road trip to Michigan for a week sometime in Late July or Early August. That way we can show off our new little one and Jack's growing vocabulary!

I've been busy this weekend getting ready for the final count down. We washed baby blankets, baby clothes and bought some newborn diapers. And packed a hospital bag. I don't except this baby to come this early but we have company the next two weekends so by the time I have time to do those things baby will be here. We still have quite a few things to do but I'm sure we won't be as ready as we were with Jack. But you just don't have as much time to get ready the second time around. Good thing Jen is coming next weekend so I can pick her brain on ideas for a sleeping situation. Jack's been going through a routine of not wanting to take a nap. And the only place I can corral him is the pack n play. Which was my bassinet when he was little...so we can't have two kids sleeping in one bed. So we will need to make a decision on buying a second pack n play or something. Ahhh and boy wonder is awake! Time for a snacker!

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

Melissa you are such a good Mommy, what a joy that little guy must be. How fortunate that he loves the present things, to cry to see more, that means he will always explore more. what fun!! Love you guys very much!!