It may be one of the weirdest music instruments I know...but when Jack says Xylophone you just have to laugh. He is getting so good at talking. This little boy in the last month has learned all his colors. His favorite to say is orange. He points out orange things at the store. He also is learning to count. The other night I was making him some play-doh snakes and he goes "four snakes" I was not really paying attention but when I looked down I had made him four snakes. And he was counting them! What a big kid.
He has gone in the last month from calling Chocolate Milk, "Rabbit" (Nesquick Rabbit) to now calling it Chocolate. He still will not say milk. This morning we were working on Octopus. He loves Sharks, Alligators, Snakes, Frogs....hmmm maybe he is a boy!
He also has been a great helper outside. He has his own little rake and shovel. Mostly he loves to rake. But he did help me plant a flat of flowers. I still have some more to plant tomorrow if it is nice. He also discovered the sprinkler and was purple a few times last week. We had to go buy him some sandals since he did not have any...and all his shoes were wet.
We went on a field trip on Friday to see some baby lambs, chickens and ducks. I will have to post those pictures. He loved the farm. We had my co-worker Kathy watch him so we could go out to eat for our anniversary two weeks ago and this week we went to her moms, he got to feed cows and go on a tractor ride. It would have been more fun with Gpa Scott...but sometimes you have to make do. He did climb out of the tractor and lay on the ground and cry because the ride was over. He also cried all the way home. So I guess Jack loves the farm.
Only 6 more weeks until baby number two comes...we cleaned and organized today. I still have a lot left to do to get ready. But I have been so tired that I might just wash up some t-shirts, get some diapers for newborns and get a bed ready. Everything else will have to wait for more energy. Its too beautful this week to be inside.
1 comment:
Melissa, I love your stories!! Jack is sure growing up!! What a cute little boy he is!! I wish I was a mouse in the corner, to watch his antic's. I would love to hug and cuddle with him!! Maybe Gramps and I will have to make a trip to Minnisota:) Love and hugs to all of you!! GG
Post a Comment