Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fool's on you Momma!

I managed to not fall for my Mom's April Fool's Story. It was pretty good until she got to the part where she said she locked herself out of the house. She never locks up.
But I did fall for Jack's April Fool's Joke. He has been beginning to get the potty thing. Mostly because I think he sees the bigger kids working on it at School. Not because we spend countless hours sitting him on the potty at home. But he told me last night "I potty" so I took him up to the bathroom and he sat on the potty forever. Mostly he just likes to put toilet paper in the potty and flush it and say "Bye Bye Potty" However I was sitting on the floor in front of him and his aim was right on....right on his Momma! However he did manage to get some pee in the potty and was rewarded with some Sugar Free Gum. So he was pretty happy about that. I'm proud of him for making the connection. Considering he's not even two yet he's doing pretty good!
We also have been using cloth diapers for a month now. We cut our diaper budget in half for the month! :) I kept track of how many cloth ones I washed and I washed enough (109) to only have to buy one box instead of the two boxes of diapers I usually buy. I've only had to do two more loads of laundry a week. So thanks Sarah I'm glad I gave them a try. I think with baby two coming in a few months this will help us stay on budget.

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

Melissa, I am so proud of you, what a good mommy you are!! I just love that happy little guy!! He looks a lot like his Daddy, but, I also see his Mommy in a lot of his facial expressions. He sure is a cutie!! I just bet he keeps your life lively!! Love and Hugs, Great Grandma