We finally got a chance to get away. The golf season was over and we got out of here while we could. It was so nice to be in an area where there was no phone service :) Even though poor little Jack was suffering from h1n1 we still had a wonderful vacation. We flew into Durango, Co and stayed one night in a historic hotel The Stator. It was very neat and had a great downtown district. We stopped to visit Mesa Verde Park and toured the ruins. Then we drove 2 1/2 hours up to Moab, Ut. Moab was awesome! I highly recommend it!!! We stayed at the Red Cliff's Lodge, a high class dude ranch, 14 miles out from town on the Colorado River. We spent two days there visiting Arches and Canyonland Parks. What an amazing county God has given us. I am in awe of Utah and can't wait to get back to go to Bryce Canyon and Zion. We had awesome weather for November and hiked too many miles. We did chicken out on one trail. When you only have about six feet on a ledge and you have to jump a crack to continue on you start to doubt why you're on the trail. I can see why they called it Devil's Garden Trail.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Family Vacation
We finally got a chance to get away. The golf season was over and we got out of here while we could. It was so nice to be in an area where there was no phone service :) Even though poor little Jack was suffering from h1n1 we still had a wonderful vacation. We flew into Durango, Co and stayed one night in a historic hotel The Stator. It was very neat and had a great downtown district. We stopped to visit Mesa Verde Park and toured the ruins. Then we drove 2 1/2 hours up to Moab, Ut. Moab was awesome! I highly recommend it!!! We stayed at the Red Cliff's Lodge, a high class dude ranch, 14 miles out from town on the Colorado River. We spent two days there visiting Arches and Canyonland Parks. What an amazing county God has given us. I am in awe of Utah and can't wait to get back to go to Bryce Canyon and Zion. We had awesome weather for November and hiked too many miles. We did chicken out on one trail. When you only have about six feet on a ledge and you have to jump a crack to continue on you start to doubt why you're on the trail. I can see why they called it Devil's Garden Trail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW!!! I love the new look of the Blog!! Thank you so much for the great pictures!! You two are dears, and I love that little guy. The girls tried to steal my pictures today, so I need to buy some more from wally world, so will order tomorow. Love to all GG
Post a Comment