Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bummer of a Summer


Well.....I hate to say it but Summer is about over. Especially up here...over too soon. Today I sorted though clothes that Jack has outgrown and got out the new ones for Fall to be washed and put away. We've had to wear jeans and sweatshirts all week. We also worked on taking in some jeans that he is too skinny for. Being the whole 18lbs that he is....I had a two month old in our office last week that was 16lbs. At least we know Jack is healthy, active and a good eater.
I am starting to get a list going of things that need to be done before the snow flies. Things to put away, things to get out.....life is one big list I think. I really wish I was making a list for Spring....seeds, dirt, new flip-flops. Oh well will have to endure the next nine months of old....ten if we get snow in April.
Jack is pretty excited about all of his new cousins-to-be coming next year. He is hoping for at least one boy who loves dirt, swimming, parties all night long, and trucks. God's blessings and good luck to Laura, Sarah and Jen.
Jack has been getting bad report cards from school......his biting and head butting have been getting him in trouble. It's a really hard issue to slove, being that school can't really punish him....they can only tell him NO! So he thinks it is a game. He has tried barring his teeth on me too, but Momma don't put up with bad behavior! So I did bite him back and that has seemed to work. He still tries to get me sometimes but I give him a big old NO BITE and scare him half to death and that seems to do the job. I asked his doctor about this at his last appointment. He said he never encourages parents to hit their kids, but this is a bad behavior that needs to end, he suggested bopping two fingers on his mouth lightly and yelling NO BITE! I haven't had to do much bopping yet....my NO BITE! is pretty good. Hopefully a better report next week.

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

You will have it under control soon. He will find out it is not fun anymore if you make it sad for him. He is such a cute little boy, I surely did enjoy seeing you and him up north!! What a blessing 3 more to come. Love you GG